Wesley Methodist Church Melaka had her roots way back in 1897. Church services were first held in Shellabear Hall and then moved into the first school – two rooms in the home of Mr Tan Keong Keng in Heeren Street.
In 1910, the early church moved to a building in Jalan Kubu which was used by three congregations - the English speaking, Chinese speaking and Tamil speaking. It was in 1921 that Bickley Park, (now Methodist compound) the horse-shoe shaped land along Jalan Tengkera was purchased on which the English speaking WMC was built.
Renovations were done to the church building to give it the present look.